Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Kitchen 17 at Home and Dema's 16th Birthday - COVID 19 Life

My beloved Elsinore is my musical soundtrack right now. This song in particular is what I wake up to in my mind.



I read about Chicago's Kitchen 17 shipping their awesome pizzas and I knew I had to place an order for Dema's 16th birthday! I ordered a sample of each type of pizza because I couldn't decide. Delivery was easy to track and packed really well. I was very impressed. We didn't get the pizzas in time for Dema's actual birthday, but we been enjoyed them for a week or two after his birthday so we extended our celebration. We can't decide which is our favorite so I will order another sample pack again. I really appreciate restaurants figuring out new ways to serve people in these pandemic times. I try to support as many local businesses and vegan businesses as I can.

We all ate dinner at Rob's house to celebrate Dema's birthday after Rob got back from North Carolina. Rob made homemade vegan lasagna and our friends, Adam and Amanda, dropped off some homemade bread for me earlier that day so I brought it over to share.
I can't believe it has been 16 years since this beautiful day and this awesome person came into my life! I love him so much. I've been watching old performances and tearing up.

Here is a favorite from when Dema was 12.

Here is Dema's recital piece for his wonderful voice teacher, James Hevel,  a couple months ago.
I love every age, but it definitely goes by way too fast.

No comments: