Friday, April 3, 2020

Acts of Kindness - Shelter in Place Day 13 - COVID 19 Life

Josie and I were chatting with a friend on the phone this morning and she was lamenting how we didn't have any coffee. Later the friend texted me saying there was a thermos of coffee by our gate and a video of how he disinfected the container and put it in the bag before he brought it over. It was such a sweet gesture and much appreciated by Josie and me. Love the acts of kindness from friends and neighbors during this difficult time. We are going to pay it forward and send cards to the hospital workers who clean the rooms, etc. I always appreciate their work, especially when I'm in the hospital with my dad (so many doctor and hospital visits this past year!), but now they are complete heroes!


 I'm trying not to buy things from Amazon, but also trying not to shop in person right now so I was very happy to find I could order oat milk directly from Elmhurst.I know it is easy to make my own, but I am also completely out of oats. I haven't tried it yet, but now I don't have to ration our plant milk so much over the next few weeks. We have a stay at home order until April 30th.

No comments: