Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Lunch - Shelter in Place Day 11 - Covid 19 Life

Song in my head this morning: Porgy and Bess I Got Plenty o' Nuttin'

I grew up listening over and over to Porgy and Bess record on our family's record player. I wish I knew what happened to it because Parker has a record player and I would love to hear it in vinyl again. It is so beautiful.


I've been skipping breakfast and eating very little for dinner so my main meal is lunch. This is all from stuff we had around since before the shelter in place order, except the sourdough bread. We are all avoiding going out for anything non-essential, but I did a quick physically distant food co-op shopping trip yesterday to buy bread and tofu, etc. We had a little leftover Cashew Carrot Ginger Soup, romaine lettuce and baby tomatoes from our neighbors, pumpkin seeds and walnuts from when we could buy in bulk, and some jarred jalapenos for the salad. The sandwich is baked tofu from the last of our tofu (before I when shopping), spinach, Vegenaise with added turmeric and black pepper, Spicy Sauerkraut on sourdough. I really miss the fresh bread from our local bakery, Pekara.

How are you eating these days? I'm trying to stay as healthy as possible, drinking a lot of tea, and going for a long walk every day.

No comments: