Thursday, April 2, 2020

All In -Shelter in Place Day 12 - Covid 19 Life

Our governor gave a cover 19 update today and mentioned that we need to be "all in". That resonated with me. I hope that we can come together as a community and work to halt the spread of this virus. That means staying home and physically distancing ourselves from others so that people who can't stay home can be safe. I wish all the states were taking it as seriously.

My dad had to go to the ER today. He has advanced dementia and things have gotten extremely bad over the last year, but especially the last two weeks. He has a catheter and recently he has started opening the valve on purpose and messing with things. They found out in the ER that it was pinched and they had to remove it and insert another one, but no one could be with him because of the Covid 19 precautions. It is very hard for my dad to communicate anymore and he certainly doesn't understand what is going on. It must have been frustrating and scary. I found these old pictures of him in some things I was going through today.


Life goes by so incredibly fast. I found out this week that his eldest brother also died from Alzheimer's which I'm guessing drastically ups our chances of getting it. Trying to take that in without completely getting depressed about it. I'm hoping some dietary choices can make a difference. It is a horrible disease and so hard to watch.

Lunch today:
Brown rice, chickpeas, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, onions,  turmeric, black pepper,  kimchi sauerkraut 
Baked tofu with Vegenaise, spinach, turmeric and black pepper, and Sea Stag Turmeric and Seaweed Sauerkraut on sourdough bread.  Romain lettuce with walnuts, pumpkin seeds, cherry tomatoes, homemade tahini dressing and ground pepper. Organic blueberries and organic Thoory dates.
Josie made chili for dinner so I did have a small bowl just because she was so proud of just making it without a recipe with ingredients we had around. It was quite good with black beans, pinto beans, salsa, corn, nutritional yeast, jalapeƱos, and lots of spices. I didn't get a picture because I try not to take my phone in the kitchen anymore. Germs.

No comments: