Friday, October 26, 2018

First Solids

I was on a liquid diet the last two weeks (long story) and I also didn't feel like eating much for the first week anyway. Then I had an outpatient surgery and wasn't supposed to eat solid foods for a week after that. Rob was gone for most of the two weeks (North Carolina beach trip with his brother, trip to Germany for work, and then working on his sailboat in Virginia). This meant I was cooking for the kids, but feeling pretty bad and not being able to taste or eat anything. Not fun for many reasons.
Our CSA share pickup was Wednesday and Rob got back that day too so I roasted some beets and a misato radish and made garlicky kale. There was some left over by the time I was off the liquid diet so the leftovers (and a vegan carrot cake muffin my sister made with the carrots from her CSA share) were my first solid meal for two weeks. It was perfect!

No comments: