Tuesday, September 4, 2018

New (to us) Frozen Vegan Pizza - Convenience Food

We don't buy frozen pizza very often, but I was leaving my 18 (Parker) year old and my 14 (Dema) year old home alone during a very busy week for them. Rob was working on his sailboat in Virginia Josie and I went hiking for a couple days (more about that in a future post) so I stocked the freezer so the boys wouldn't have to cook much while we were gone. One of the things I found was Sweet Earth Veggie Lover's Pizza. It didn't look bad nutrition wise for a frozen meal and they were on sale! The boys didn't get up needing the pizzas while we were gone so Josie and I got to sample it as well.

The verdict? Very tasty and we would definitely buy again. Parker gave an enthusiastic thumbs up and Dema thought there could have been more cheese. I like the unusual toppings and the amount of cheese is just right to keep the toppings on the pizza, but not overpower the taste of the veggies. I haven't had corn on pizza since I was in the Dominican Republic many years ago. Parker was skeptical about the corn, but now he is a convert. Josie is not a huge frozen pizza fan, but liked this one better than most.

No comments: