Monday, February 6, 2017

Parker's 17th Birthday

Parker, my eldest, turned 17 on Sunday. It doesn't even seem possible. He and four of his friends went to a local "escape room" and had a great time then came back to our house for board games and some snacks. 
Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar Kitchen Sink Chocolate Biscotti with dried cherries and pecans.
Parker is not a huge sweets fan so he asked for biscotti instead of cake or another dessert.
Focaccia bread and samosas with mint and cilantro chutney.
 Parker loves samosas and they are easy to eat while playing games.
Clementines, chips, salsa, and guacamole.
 Parker wanted fishless tacos for the get together, but since he's the only vegan in the group and everyone was stuffed from the snacks, I made the tacos tonight.
Vegan fishless tacos.
I made the sauce out of cilantro, vegan sour cream, water, garlic, cumin, cayenne, jalapeno peppers,  lime juice, a bit of sugar, and a pinch of iodized salt. I used Gardein fishes filets, but next time I'll try tofu. Parker really loved them and I could eat anything with the sauce so I'll definitely make them again.

Parker's birth story is here. If you have little ones, hug them often. It really does fly by!

No comments: