Saturday, January 7, 2017

Instant Pot Adventures - Mushroom Risotto

Rob is the one who makes risotto in our house. I don't have the patience to make sure it doesn't stick. I like to throw things in a pot and make something else while it is cooking. That is not how one cooks risotto...until now!

Parker made a sweet risotto pretty early on in our Instant Pot Adventure. He had great success so I knew I needed to try a savory risotto. I found this great video:



I doubled the recipe, but my family was wishing I had tripled it by the end of dinner. I only had red wine on hand so I used that instead of white, it worked well. I added a bunch of fresh chopped kale and next time I would add even more veggies, but it is a great recipe. Parker and Dema had their Dungeons and Dragons group over and they were at a really exciting point in the story so they went an hour longer. Josie was just getting done with three hours of gymnastics and I knew the boys would be starving too so I started cooking up this risotto. One of the girls from the D and D group came into the kitchen to tell me how good dinner smelled.
Vegan Mushroom Risotto made in the Instant Pot.
We don't usually make risotto often, but that is going to change. I need to find a whole grain option, like barley, if we are going to eat more risotto. I can't wait to play around with different flavors!

1 comment:

Cadry said...

How fun! This looks and sounds delicious. I really like risotto too, but I agree, that it's usually more babying than I'm keen to do. The next time the Instant Pot goes on sale, I'm planning on getting one then.