Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Instant Pot Adventures - Vegetable Biryani

Parker has hip hop classes twice a week. One is for an hour and one is 45 minutes. Both are within a 1.5 miles of our house, but not easily walkable. We only have one car and Parker hasn't been interested in getting his driver's license yet so I drive him there and back. I don't want to sit there for an hour so I try to run errands, but he's very hungry when he gets done so lately I've been coming home to throw something in the Instant Pot then I go pick him up and dinner is magically ready when we get home.
Tonight I made Vegetable Biryani using the video below as a guide. I used brown basmati rice, more tomato puree, no bay leaves, added some chipotle powder, and a couple other changes I don't remember right now. I bought dried cranberries just for this recipe, then forgot to add them. Duh! It was delicious, easy, and satisfying. I made enough for Rob to take leftovers to work tomorrow if Parker doesn't eat it for breakfast first. Parker loves to eat leftovers for breakfast so it is often a race to see who gets it first.



I can't wait to try some of her other Instant Pot recipes.

No comments: