Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Broccoli Soup for Breakfast

My favorite cold weather breakfast is leftover broccoli soup. I make some version of this soup about once a week in the cooler months and I enjoy it the most for breakfast (if we have leftovers from dinner). Last night I decided to made cream of asparagus soup with some asparagus our neighbors gave us and Josie was begging for me to cook. This picture if before I added the broccoli to turn in into broccoli soup, but you can see the red onions, red lentils, asparagus, and quinoa.
I walked Dema to school in the freezing cold, but sunny morning, today and I couldn't stop thinking about a nice warm bowl of broccoli soup.
I added a drizzle of tahini sauce and hot sauce. Ahhhhh...it really hit the spot.

1 comment:

Éphée Lafée said...

I love left overs for breakfast!