Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Friends Don't Let Friends Wallpaper

Parker removing wallpaper from the dining room wall.
When Rob leaves for business trips, I always get inspired to work on the house. A few years ago, I decided to pull up the carpet upstairs. We live in a 100+ year old house so it seemed cray cray to have  ugly dirt trapping carpet on the floor when we had awesome hardwood floors underneath, but I am still running into a carpet staple here and there that I missed.
Secret notes left by the original builders or owners.
I assume this means there is money hidden in some ice box inside the wall. If only!
Happy helpers or child labor.
What a difference a few years makes. My almost eight year old is always begging to help with any house project, but my eleven year old might need some coaxing (bribing).
More crazy drawings left by people who worked on the house many years before we bought it. 
Maybe a mock up for a window that never came to exist?
Rob is back, but I am still working on taking wallpaper off of the walls in Josie and Dema's room now. This is even a harder task since the glue used seems to have a life of its own. Seriously, wallpaper is a pain in the butt. Please don't use it!

No comments: