Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Chia Pods

We tried Chia Pods recently and loved them. I found these Chia Pods on sale through our buying club. I was interested since they are nut-free (Dema is attending a private school this year and they have a nut-free policy) and portable. It ends up that Dema isn't super happy with the texture, but he liked the taste. The pods can be a bit hard to eat because chia (like flax) congeals and makes food gel, but you get used to it pretty easily. Dema is going through a picky thing right now. It will pass as long as we don't make a big deal about it. Parker is happy to eat Dema's pods. We bought two flavors; mango and vanilla bean. I love the simple ingredients and no sugar added. The mango tastes like, well, mango. This is great for my mango loving family. The vanilla version is made with real vanilla bean and reminds me of tapioca pudding. The pods are filling and a great snack. You can even save unused portions since they come with a lid. I reuse the containers for crafting beads. The coconut makes these gems high in fat so I don't eat them often, but I don't mind the growing kids eating them somewhat regularly. The kids love the name. We'll be buying them again. I can't wait to try the blueberry.

No comments: