Monday, October 15, 2012

Two Bean Quinoa

 I'm in a little bit of a delicious rut. My new favorite way to cook veggies is in the 40 Clove Broccoli and Chickpeas from Appetite for Reduction. So much better than just steaming. Our oven is a little finicky and doesn't like to get too humid (it even beeps if it isn't in use and it is really humid outside) so I didn't get the veggies as roasted this time, but it was still so good. I served the broccoli and cauliflower with quinoa and Field Roast Mexican Chipotle sausages. I also made a tomato based sauce with garlic, red onions, Italian seasoning, and white beans. I pureed the sauce a bit before serving really see the white beans. It all went smashingly well together.
Dema preferred his separate though. Oh well, at least he enjoyed it. I like how easily it all came together so I could sneak out after dinner with some much needed girlfriend time downtown.

No comments: