Wednesday, October 24, 2012

My husband was looking at blogs on his laptop last night and saw a blog that interested him and was about to nudge me to have me take a look...then he realized it was my blog. Love my silly guy!
Josie playing in leaves at "our" park, graciously piled up by sweet neighbors. 

Around this time of year when the leaves are falling and the weather is cooler, Rob starts pining for Veganomicon's French Lentil Soup with Tarragon and Thyme. I didn't get around to making it so he finally broke down and made it himself Sunday evening while I met with a friend at a local coffee shop. Monday we had three extra girls at our house most of the day and they had a spread of pistachios, cashews, dried apricots, dried mangoes, pb and j on bagel flatz, kiwi, apples, kale chips, etc. After the friends left, we had a short time to get ready for Josie's gymnastics and Parker's play practice, but I knew they needed more food before heading out the door.
Leftover French Lentil Soup with Tarragon and Thyme to the rescue! I topped it with the crumbs from the bag of kale chips (I hate to let them go to waste and they are super yummy on soup). Amy's Black Bean and Veggie Burger on Ezekiel sprouted sesame seed bun with a bit of melted Daiya, Vegenaise, mustard, and pickles. It fueled the kids for their evening activities, but took just a few minutes to make.

No comments: