Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Creamy Black Bean Soup

Fall means leaves turning, kids wearing a bit more clothing, the view from my dining room is more colorful,
and I crave soup.
Josie has gymnastics until after 7pm one day a week and by the time we walk home it is dark, late, and I have one hungry gymnast on my hands (or really in my arms since she starts to balk at walking the closer we get to home). I don't always feel like cooking supper before we leave for gymnastics because she doesn't feel like eating a big meal before class and Rob's not quite home from work yet. So I've started leaving recipes for Rob to cook when he arrives home. I ran out to the library before gymnastics for Dema's homeschooling literature class (they are reading By the Great Horn Spoon!). I couldn't pass up the new vegan cookbooks on the library shelves so I grabbed Quick and Easy Low-Cal Vegan Comfort Food by Alicia Simpson. I cooked a batch of black beans this weekend so I picked out Creamy Black Bean Soup and left. By the time Josie and walked in the door, the house was full of the wonderful smell of soup. This soup isn't rocket science, but it is a solid soup with just the right amount of spice (I didn't even add hot sauce to mine). The entire family enjoyed the soup with Rudi's whole wheat bagels, a bit of Earth Balance, and za'atar. I can see this soup filling us with warmth all fall/winter. I can't wait to try more recipes.

1 comment:

James said...

Hi,
Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Veganism Community? Our members will appreciate it.
Members include: Vegans, Veganism Experts, Vegan Lifestyle Advocates, Vegan Cooking, etc.
It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also add Articles, News, Photos and Videos if you like.
Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
Please feel free to share as often as you like.
The Veganism Community: http://www.vorts.com/veganism/
I hope you consider sharing with us.
Thank you,
James Kaufman, Editor