Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Vegan Dog Treats and Vegan Pizza Delivery

Our neighbors are awesome, all of them. The other day I had two neighbors texting me asking to have the kids over to do things at the exact same time. Their dance card is always full of fun things to do and amazing people to do them with. It takes a village.
Angela and Dan live across the park and they're vegan. They have two friendly crazy dogs and a rat named after Josie. They also had Dema over the other evening to make a batch of yummy and almost good for you vegan cookies. While they were baking they whipped up some peanut butter vegan dog treats. How cool is that? Josie ate her fill of cookies, but then she wanted to try a dog treat. I tried to talk her out of it, but she insisted that is what she wanted for breakfast the next day.
After one bite she decided to leave the rest of the treats for Persephone.
They usually play hug 'o war instead of tug 'o war, but even after this they were happy on the floor.
 Tuckered out.
Persephone loved the treats (thanks again, Angela!!) and she passed out with Josie on the floor after a long hot afternoon. It was funny when she woke up next to Josie she started to get up then noticed Josie was still there sleeping and awkwardly sat there for a long time like she was trying not to wake her up. Then she finally made it to a her dog bed. She likes a softer surface. Josie woke up fussy, maybe from the pain of sleeping on the hardwood floor.
Angela is a superstar for letting us know we have a local pizza joint that stocks Daiya cheese. Shabam! I didn't believe it. Not here is our little college town. Yet, there it was on the One World Pizza menu "vegan medley pizza" (pizza sauce, grilled onions, mushrooms, green peppers, tomatoes and fresh basil). They don't mention Daiya cheese, but I put it in the comments. They called me back and said they had run out of mozzarella, but they could do cheddar or pepper jack. I said make mine spicy. I have to say three out of four of us liked the pepper jack better. This pizza reminds me of Mellow Mushroom, but maybe better?? Local veg*ns, please support One World and order this pizza now (they are open late, y'all and they deliver). You won't regret it.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Pre-gan, One World was my favorite pizza place in town. I had no idea they were stocking Daiya! The baby is due at the end of the month, and I'm guessing August is not going to be a month I spend in the kitchen... this may be the best. news. ever. :)