Friday, June 1, 2012

Only Happy When It Rains

As much as I've truly enjoyed the crazy Illinois weather. 95 one day and 60's the next, that is Illinois for you. My garden needed rain and I'm sure the farmers do too. Rain also means I can catch up on inside tasks like putting away clean clothes, vacuuming, etc.
The rain cold rain doesn't keep my youngest inside. She was freezing, but happy.
Josie singing in the rain, well until I snapped the picture. I'm afraid she does like life when it is complicated. Oh the joy of girls!

Something that was completely uncomplicated was dinner. Easy peasy! I checked out Spork-Fed from the library and was flipping through it on the porch as I watched Josie play in the rain.
Cashew Cream Fettuccine Alfredo with Sauteed Spinach from Spork-Fed
Well sort of. I used whole wheat spaghetti, garlic scapes and half of a red onion instead of shallots, almonds and water instead of creamer, and a mix of kale, beet greens, and chard for the greens. It turned out great!

2 comments:

carey-olsen family said...

Mmmm...it looks like it tasted great.

VeganLinda said...

I think this is officially our favorite vegan alfredo. It is sort of my mission to try every recipe out there because it was one of my favorites pre-vegan days. Rob could take it or leave it, but he liked this version. You can taste the nutmeg though so for some it might be too much nutmeg.