Friday, May 11, 2012

Some Scenes from Our Week

Pasta E Fagioli with Spinach from Appetite for Reduction (I served it with garlicky kale instead of adding spinach since I didn't have spinach on hand). For something so simple, it really is delicious. Can't go wrong with beans and greens.
Josie ready to stop her opponent from taking the soccer ball to her goal.
Josie dribbling.
Dema eating a Merry's Miracle Tart. We pick up a few of these treats when they go on sale at the co-op. Too big to eat in one sitting so nice to share with friends. I send one in Parker's lunch every so often and he always has several friends ask for a bite.
Parker with his Harlem Renaissance project.
Palmer Hayden, very interesting artist and Parker had fun researching his life. It was great fun spending the evening at his school listening to the his classmates tell us about artists from this time period and the jazz band perform.
Trader Joe's Masala Burgers from Stef. Our friend, Stephanie, was down from Chicago and spent the night with us this week. She so generously brought a huge bag of vegan goodies from Trader Joe's. Yes, I know you all have heard my take on Trader Joe's and why I am happy not to have one in our town, but I don't turn down gifts of vegan food. My favorite of everything we've tried so far (besides the wine) is these Vegetable Masala Burgers. We love Indian food so a samosa-ish burger is always going to be a hit. In fact the kids had them two nights in a row. I wish they had some organic ingredients, but I found this link to a recipe for homemade masala burgers which I can't wait to try. Thanks so much, Stef! We can't wait to see you again!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Those burgers look yummy!