Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Drinking Pudding

My kids mainly drink water and then tea (usually white or hibiscus so not a big caffeine boost), but Josie likes to drink plant milks. She isn't picky like I was when I first went vegan, she'll pretty much drink any plant milk - plain, flavored, sweetened, unsweetened. So I've been buying primarily unsweetened soy milk, whatever brand is on sale that month. This month I also bought a sweetened vanilla almond milk because it is new and it is my job to stay on top of new vegan products.
(picture from the So Delicious website)
Josie tried Vanilla Almond Plus Almondmilk on her Flax Plus Flakes with Cinnamon and declared it dessert-like. I noticed when I first poured the beverage that it seems thicker than most plant milks. It seems to thin out a bit as we use the rest of the container. It isn't clumpy and I always shake our plant milks up before pouring so I'm not sure why it is thicker, but it isn't off putting for us. It kind of reminded me of drinking vanilla pudding and I mean that in a good way. I can't wait to bake with it.

No comments: