Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Colorful Quinoa

I was a little bit happy to see the temps lower to "normal" Illinois spring weather this week. If only so I could make broccoli soup out of the broccoli I scored on sale recently at the co-op. Then this morning when I was freezing my buttum off at Josie's first soccer practice I was pining away for the heat. You just can't please me. Well at least dinner last night made me happy.
I started to make the Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup (I didn't soak the cashews because I never think about dinner an hour ahead, I omitted the nutmeg and added a red bell pepper then used an immersion blender) when Josie begged to go out to the park. The boys took her for a while, but it was clear I was needed.
This is what I love about soup, I can leave it on the stove while we play and then I resorted to fruit from the freezer, dolmas from a can, and the Gardein from the freezer, but it was worth it to hang out with the kids. Parker requested a replay of dinner for his school lunch today.
Josie showing off her tats from Easter egg hunting this weekend. I hope this isn't what we have to look forward to in twenty years. I like the tattoos that come off. She pretty much lives with her soccer ball and her pink and black cleats these days.

No comments: