Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Burgers and Beets

We go a long time without eating any veggie burgers, truly we do. Sometimes many months, but lately we are on some kind of veggie burger kick. Actually made the Fire-Roasted Red Pepper Burgers from The Best Veggie Burgers on the Planet pretty much by following the recipe this time. I didn't have tahini though so I used sesame seeds. They turned out very good again, but I like my version just as well so I'll make them that way when I don't have roasted red peppers. I was able to make twelve patties instead of the four the recipe said it made so it worked out for dinner plus enough left over for Parker's school lunch.
I served them with roasted beets (golden and red) and stuffed grape leaves. As soon as Parker saw the stuffed grape leaves Josie and I bought today, he insisted I pack some in his lunch tomorrow. The kids also had organic strawberries for an appetizer.

No comments: