Friday, February 3, 2012

Mandarin Orange Crispy Chick'n

We have only tried Gardein products a couple times, but I will say that they are quality and good tasting. In fact, if Gardein had been around pre-kids when Rob and I were both working full-time in DC I think it is safe to say that we probably would have regularly eaten Gardein products. As it is, we prefer to cook from scratch. Even so, I couldn't pass up the $1.00 off coupon at Common Ground Co-op this week. I bought a package of the Mandarin Orange Crispy Chick'n to put in the freezer for one of those days when I was tempted to order out. Well, it didn't last that long. We didn't have a plan for Parker's lunch yesterday so I asked Rob to cook up the Gardein add some brown rice and leftover pumpkin bread on the side to pack in Parker's To-Go Ware. Conclusion? Parker was pleased. He didn't have enough time to eat the entire lunch (it is supposed to be three portions, but he is a growing kid and can eat a lot), but ate the rest as a snack after his walk home. He said his friends asked about his lunch (one of the reasons we packed the entire bag, he often has friends asking for some of his food). He said next time to add some veggies, but the taste was great and it filled him up. None of us were able to try some, but we might have to buy more sometime soon to spice up a meal of veggies and quinoa.

No comments: