Sunday, November 27, 2011

Açaí

Josie would like to review a new to us product. I'm not big on buying packaged drinks, but I was looking for ways to get Açaí in our diet.

I happened across two products in our buying club catalog which I decided to give a try. One was a drink.
Sambazon Açaí Berry and Vanilla Protein Smoothie was a huge hit with all three kids. Josie took a sip and declared her new found strength and then took a picture to post on the blog. The mustache is a fun side effect too. The drink is not overly sweet (although it does have added sugar, unfortunately) and has just the right amount of vanilla. It is also filling enough to be part of Parker's school lunch. I wouldn't buy them all the time, but they make a great once in a while treat, especially on days when I don't feel like making a homemade smoothie. I'm buying the unsweetened Açaí pulp smoothie pack this month and we'll let you know what we think.

2 comments:

All about... (vegan) food said...

One of the things I miss more from Brazil is having bowls of açai cream (açai mixed with guarana and topped with fruits like banana and granola). Here in Dublin (and also in Europe in general) all I can find are some juices but I've never came across a good one!

VeganLinda said...

Mmmmm, açai cream sounds lovely!