Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Healthy Teeth and Coconut-Curry Chickpeas and Cauliflower

Busy, busy evening. Parker and I had dentist appointments in the late afternoon. We love our new dentist! This my second time seeing Dr. B and Parker's first. Rob found him a couple years ago when he searched for as dentist close to our home (being car-free encourages us to go for convenience). Dr. B is great and we've never clicked with a dentist better. He doesn't have a hygienist so you really get to know him while he cleans your teeth. He was very impressed with Parker's teeth and always gives me glowing reviews (I should floss more, but have lovely gums). It always makes me laugh at the notion we have as a society that one has to consume cow mammary fluid to have healthy teeth and bones.
Dema showing off his smile immediately after loosing another tooth this week.
Time was short and dinner needed to be prepared before I left for the gym. Thank goodness for Quick-Fix Vegan! In a matter of about 30 or so minutes, Coconut-Curry Chickpeas and Cauliflower over brown basmati rice with chapati from the freezer was on the table and I was on my bike. I added broccoli and more veggies than the original recipe called for and less coconut milk since I had some leftover in the refrigerator. I didn't want to eat before my Body Flow class, but it must have been good because Josie met me at the door asking for more when I arrived home. All the males in the house were upstairs and falling asleep so Josie and I had some groovy girl time with her eating curry and pistachios as I cleaned the kitchen. I look forward to the leftovers (curry is always better the next day) for lunch tomorrow.

No comments: