Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tester Tuesday - Tempeh Normandy

 I'm testing recipes for Robin Robertson's new cookbook (Yes, the author of my "magical" vegan cookbook, 1,000 Vegan Recipes, is coming out with yet more delicious dishes to share with everyone.  How does she continue to come up with all these wonderful new recipes?  This woman is amazing!  When does she sleep?) and here is the first blog post about one of the latest tester recipes.  I made Tempeh Normandy last night and served it wish noochy mashed potatoes and tangerine slices.  I have never eaten a Normandy dish, to my knowledge, so I was intrigued by the ingredients. The first bite seemed surprisingly sweet, but it quickly grew on me.  So much so that Rob and I were eyeing the kids' plates hoping they didn't want to finish their portions.  This dish is something I would love to double and serve to guests.  It was quick and easy to prepare with only one ingredient we don't normally have on hand, but something I would be happy to stock in the future.  The meal was hearty without being to heavy with an addictive taste.  I can't wait to make it again!

No comments: