Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas 2010

Christmas tree 2010 (We've had this tree for ten years and we couldn't get the pre-strung lights to work and we gave up, but Parker came to the rescue and was able to save the tree and added colored lights to the mini tree to the side.  What would I do without my ten year old handyman?)
Dema and Josie with their stockings.  I am still not used to Dema's short haircut.  I think he looks so grown up these days.
Vicky had the kids over to her house, last week, for a top secret activity.  They came home with presents addressed to me.  So sweet!
Opening the presents the kids made for me at Vicky's house.  I was completely surprised.  I can't believe how long they kept it a secret.  Josie is wearing her new tutu, just like Teagan's.  The boys are being silly.  Way too much sugar this year, as you will see!
I love all the jewelry the kids made for me, with Vicky, but this bracelet from Parker is my favorite.
Katie's vegan rum balls (just for the adults) and Danielle's vegan spicy chocolate cookies.  Oh so yummy!
Seth's amazing vegan homemade caramel with chocolate and pecan topping.  Oh my!
Swedish Tea Ring from Vegan Dad  (Rob used soy milk instead of rice so the icing is a little dark, but delicious just the same!)
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy (just a wing it version of both), Swedish Tea Ring, Seitan and Vegetable Roulade from Vegan Appetite, and focaccia (Rob used kale instead of spinach in the Seitan and Vegetable Roulade, which we will definitely make again.)

Vicky and Greg gave the kids gifts and so did Margie and Rick.  The kids loved them all, and are excited about thinking of something to do, to show their appreciation.
It was so nice to spend a relaxing Christmas day with my sister, my dad, and our friend Stuart, who gifted us this beautiful rosemary plant.  It was so thoughtful and useful.  The kids are all still hopped up on sugar and spent the day putting together Lego and playing.  We shoveled a bit, but the snow was so pretty, I didn't mind.

I hope you all had a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Tami said...

I'm so excited you guys made the roulade and liked it! Thank you for the comment on my blog.

It's so cool to see your Christmas pictures.

All the best to you in 2011!

VeganLinda said...

Tami, Thanks so much for the recipe! My husband said it was fun to make. Happy New Year!