Saturday, February 20, 2010

Creamy Sweet Potato Bake

The other day, as Loretta and her beautiful children were leaving my house, I mentioned I wasn't sure what I would make for dinner. She said she was making the Creamy Sweet Potato Bake from Vegan Yum Yum. I had seen this recipe in the cookbook, but always seemed to be missing an ingredient. Not this day! One of the reasons I love blogs is I can hear from others what recipes they are making out of cookbooks and how they liked them, see pictures, as well as see new recipes. It is nice to have friends who cook similarly so we can recommend dishes to each other. We love whole wheat pasta, kale, and sweet potatoes so this meal was a hit.
If some in your family are adverse to sweet potatoes, cut them up small and you could probably add it to the sauce to really hide the sweet potato, but who doesn't love them? I am not big on topping things with bread crumbs so I used gomashio on the leftovers.

3 comments:

The Voracious Vegan said...

I'v only had sweet potato a few times and it never looked this good! I need to make this, I love casseroles, they are so comforting and perfect for a cozy night on the couch.

I just realized you aren't on my blog roll, I'm about to fix that!

Stella said...

I'm so glad i found someone who has made this!
I was thinking of making this dish tonight for some guests BUT was wondering how much it ends up producing. In Vegan Yum Yum it says 3-4 servings...but when i look at the ingredients i think it would feed more. I will have a total of 5 people over (including myself), two of which are men. What size Casserole does this recipe make?
Do you think i should double this? Or do you think it made quite a bit?
Thank you!!

VeganLinda said...

It feeds my family of five and we are big eaters, but I would double or have side dishes if we had company. I hate running out of food when we have people over so we tend to way over cook. The leftovers are good though. My casserole dish says 2.8 liters. I would say it is about nine by five. Good luck!