Saturday, June 27, 2009

Did FB/Twitter Kill the Blog?

A lot of my favorite bloggers are taking a "break" or blogging less these days. I blame Facebook and Twitter. I know I spend more time on Facebook than I should. It is slightly addictive being able to do my status and keep in touch with people or plan get togethers or share a laugh. It all takes just a few minutes, theoretically, and then I'm off to the pool or the park with the kids. I don't need to sit down and think through a (hopefully) coherent entire post. Is this a good thing? It is what it is.



Speaking of radio...it isn't dead! I have a disc of my first veg*n radio show with Meat-free Mike in my hot little hands. Listen this Monday from 6 - 7 pm Central time to WEFT (90.1 FM for locals and you can listen online as well). Basically, we chat about plant-based diets. It is a good intro and we'll have more shows for you next month and hopefully beyond.

2 comments:

The Fearless Freak said...

We were just talking about this tonight. I barely have time to write a 140 character tweet or status update every few days so blogging is totally out of the question.

Plus, my summer blog posts tend to get redundant. It's a lot of "we went to the park, we went to the pool, I ran some errands" and no one really cares how many times a week we go to the pool

Lavender Lemonade said...

sad but true. FB is killing the blog...so is having that 3rd child...there is only so much down time. :) As I'm sure you know.