Monday, February 9, 2009

Peanut Noodle Salad and Parker's NEW Favorite Kale Soup

The other night I made another teaser, I mean tester, from Robin Robertson's new cookbook due out this year. Folks, I have yet to make a Robin Robertson recipe I didn't like, but the Peanut Noodle Salad had Rob packing some for his lunch the next day before we even finished eating dinner. This is from the guy who can take or leave a peanut sauce and will more than likely give me a hard time if he knows that is what I'm making for dinner. So...this recipe is excellent. The Peanut Noodle Salad is beautiful (my picture doesn't do it justice, but it was everything I could do to keep Rob from devouring it all before I got the camera out) and the Easy Peanut Sauce which tops the salad is, well, the tops.Just so you have something to make before the new cookbook comes out, Parker announced today that he has a *new* favorite kale soup. This is big news since his *old* favorite was, well, his favorite. I made the Spicy Kale Soup from Robin Robertson's blog (yes, there is a theme here) for dinner Sunday night since I have some kale that Rob was going to just throw willy nilly into some stir fry. I banished him from the kitchen and I think it was the best thing I did all weekend. Parker asked for the Spicy Kale Soup for homeschool lunch and was sad when there wasn't any left for dinner tonight. He asked if I could make it again, but settled for leftover chili instead. I had several people at the homsechool group ask what the delicious smell was after I warmed up Parker's soup. When I said it was kale soup, one of them turned up their nose, but they are missing out. We do love kale in this house, there is no mistaking that (the other day on the bus ride home from the co-op, the only thing that kept Josie quiet was sneaking her bites of kale...you aren't supposed to eat on the bus), but I think even people who aren't big fans of kale will like Robin's Spicy Kale Soup. I served the soup along with whole wheat pasta, steamed broccoli with more of of Robin's Easy Peanut Sauce on top.

2 comments:

MeloMeals said...

That noodle salad looks delicious! At first I thought it had shrimp in it and I was very confused..

VeganLinda said...

The noodle salad is great. Rob requested I make it again tonight so I'll try to get a better picture.