Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Baked Tofu and Hummus Sandwich or VeganMoFo Day 13

Today I was trying to use up more chickpeas (we've had chickpeas or hummus on everything lately...the other night we had one pizza with chickpeas and the other with hummus to mix things up) from the "you got coffee on my chickpeas, no you got chickpeas on my coffee" incident. I don't think you realize just how many chickpeas we are talking. I'm thinking at least 20 cups cooked. Rob can tell me how many he bought dried. On top of this, Rob is in California all week so I have one less chickpea eater in the house. I would love to make a gazillion recipes, but I have no time, no naps, and no husband. Usually, I kind of look forward to Rob being gone so I can catch up on stuff that never seems to get done while he is home, organizing things, moving furniture around, watching movies he wouldn't want to watch, etc. This week has not been one of those fun weeks. I'm ready for him to get home already. Anyway hummus is something the kids can make and it takes less than a second so it has been on the menu.At Common Ground, they have a baked tofu sandwich with hummus and sprouts which I've had once or twice. It is really good, but I can't remember what else is in it. This was my attempt to mimic that sandwich plus a sandwich we used to buy at M.O.M in Maryland. It is baked tofu, hummus, shredded carrots, greens, avocado, and the kids added pickles which I didn't think of for the picture on a whole wheat bun. It is still missing something, but the kids liked them. We had apples and frozen peaches as well.

1 comment:

half pint pixie said...

That sounds like a yummy sandwich. I hope your chickpeas are nearly finished :)