Tuesday, October 7, 2008

13 Months Old

Because I know you are jonezing for some toddler pictures, I thought I'd take a second to say Josie is 13 months old today (but who is counting?). She loves to swing at our park still, but more often than not will request to be on the "big" swings. She loves to try to keep up with her brothers and their friends. She watches them from the swings when she isn't chasing after them.I never would have admitted this prior to having a little girl and any generalizations about gender are really not fair, but my particular little girl is in love with babies and dolls. Sure, the boys liked dolls too, but not like this. She will climb over the trains, cars, etc. to get to the dolls in the play area. She loves her D and Me doll bed and can be found sitting in bed with her dolls or bringing them to me to nurse. She will cuddle up with a baby doll when she nurses or falls asleep.
Josie is in love with fresh produce. She is not happy in a grocery store unless she is gnawing on a some fruits and veggies. She still only has four teeth, but it doesn't stop her in the least. She is always walking around the house with an apple or a pear and by the end of the day I find the stem and seeds is all that is left.
Unlike the boys, who at this age would smile for the camera every chance they could, Josie is more of a "no pictures, please" kinda girl.

2 comments:

Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

She's getting so big!

I thought I was raising my kids pretty gender-neutral. But my little guy is such a boy. The way he stands and walks. And he LOVES cars (or anything with wheels) and throwing balls.

I swear, he had all the same hand-me-down toys that were his sister's and we read him all the same books.

I have always thought it was nurture over nature, but I may have to rethink or revise my position on that one.

Lori said...

she is getting so big!!