Thursday, August 7, 2008

Little Children

A Netflix pick of Rob's which has me up at night. It is one of those movies which I think I would recommend and I'm glad I watched it, but I don't ever want to watch it again. I watched it by myself since Rob couldn't stay awake and I had to get up and turn on a bunch of lights when it was over. I won't get any sleep tonight. Little Children.

Several months ago, Rob and I watched Gone Baby Gone primarily because I found out that Casey Affleck is vegan (I know, I'm a little behind on my celeb info...I found out at the same time who Casey Affleck actually was since I'd seen him in movies, but didn't know his name...have I mentioned I'm not much into pop culture?). I texted Rob at work and told him about Casey Affleck and so he looked up his movies and found Gone Baby Gone and rented it. I was going to review it back then, but didn't. On our drive back from NC, we heard on the radio about Morgan Freeman's car accident. This made me think again about Gone Baby Gone. Somewhat similar topic as Little Children, but done much, much differently. Both are good movies about right and wrong, good and evil, human nature, parenting, relationships, and children. I found them both hard to watch. As a parent, I find more and more movies hard to watch.

Ringing endorsements, eh? Seriously, both movies are worth the time.

1 comment:

Cravin' Veggies said...

I've never seen either. I'll have to check to see if the library has them.