Wednesday, June 4, 2008

He Slept Through It

For you locals who are talking about last night's storms...

My second born slept through being carried downstairs from his bed while the tornado sirens when off (Josie woke up and Parker was still awake), being put on the floor in the hallway near our basement door while we assessed if this really warranted a trip to our actual basement (which by the way is a walk outside right now in the rain and lightening). Then he was picked up (carried outside, down our back porch, around our fence and back into the house, down more stairs) and put down on the basement floor (which is in the middle of being demolished by my sweet husband, but happened to have a sleeping bag in the middle of the chaos), continued to sleep on the hard, dirty basement floor (well actually a dirty little fleece emergency sleeping bag) as I nursed Josie in the Ergo and read a book to Parker and Rob wished he didn't have a wife who was so ignorant about the statistical probability of actually being hit by a tornado. Dema was then carried upstairs (trek outside again in the rain) and put back in bed and never once, not once, woke up.

I love that boy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda! Thanks for the kind offer of hospitality. I looked you up on the map and unfortunately you're not on our route. If you were I would have loved to stop by for a visit and some vegan yummies (haha). Maybe the next time when our itinerary isn't so jam-packed. Have a great weekend. -Crystal

Rob said...

Hey I was okay with going to basement, I would have gone with the kids EVEN if you were not there. By myself probably too lazy :) That why I love you.
rob

VeganLinda said...

VV, Oh I know, C-U is not on the way anywhere. :-) Have a great time in Chicago and hopefully it will cool down a bit for the weekend.

Rob, I love you too and it is good to know you don't think I'm a complete crazy for going to the basement. Thanks for carrying Dema!

Unknown said...

Our 4 girls slept part of the night in a closet. NO ONE woke up during the transition to and from.