Saturday, March 1, 2008

His Eyes Were Green as Leeks

I realized recently, when a book club I try to attend read "A Midsummer Night's Dream", that not everyone enjoys it like I do. This in turn made me realize that some of you may not get the titles for my blogs at times. If you read something and think "what is she on?" check "A Midsummer Night's Dream" and chances are something has reminded me of a line from it. Tonight's late lunch/early dinner was no exception. Lindy Loo posted about Quinoa Soup and talks about her love for leeks and it instantly made me want to make the soup and I couldn't get the line from "A Midsummer Night's Dream" out of my head. Parker fell in love with the movie when he was little and as a result we named our second son Demetrius (Dema). It has become part of our family and now our food. It is always fun to cook to Shakespeare.

The soup was good and I will definitely make it again. Rob and I both added hot sauce because we only put half a pepper in (didn't want to get too spicy for the kids). I highly suggest adding the optional sweet red pepper and spinach. The soup is really beautiful (the picture doesn't do it justice...I mentioned to Rob more than once while I was cooking how lovely it looked), yummy, and good for you. What more could you ask for? We had a mixed greens salad with raisins, walnuts, and Drew's Kalamata Olive and Caper Dressing and some whole wheat seeded sourdough bread from our local health food store. Catch the leek love and try out this soup.

No comments: