Thursday, February 7, 2008

There Was Too Much Blood

I was going to venture out to the movies with my friend Christie, but she couldn't make it last minute and my hubby could so we had a rare date night (thanks to my sister for watching the pox boys). I love, love, love Daniel Day Lewis. He is an amazing actor and in my opinion, pretty darn dreamy. I wanted to like this movie and it was okay, but there was a bit too much blood in There Will Be Blood for my taste. I might have to read the book or something. I thought Daniel was superb, as usual and I like the reality of the toll we pay for oil. I don't know what put me off, but maybe I just wasn't in the mood for something quite so depressing.

I saw the ending through the theater doors because I took Josie out for a second. I'm not sure if it was better or worse to see the end without hearing the dialog. It may have tainted my view of the movie somewhat. Obviously, the acting was superb and I'm not saying don't go to the movie, but it was just a little disturbing for me.

Okay, and did anyone else get annoyed by the Lost-like music in the movie? I know now I'm being petty, but it bugged me.

No comments: