Saturday, February 2, 2008

Saturday Sledding

The boys (including Rob) couldn't wait to hit the hill (as in one since we live in east central Illinois...prairie people) with their new sleds they received at Christmas. It was a beautiful sunny day and not too windy so I decided to join them with Josie and take pictures.

This is the same hill I went sledding on when I was a kid. It has eroded over the many years, I'm sure, but it still was plenty fun for the guys. They could have stayed all day, but hunger hit. They were back outside after lunch building snow people in the park. More power to them.

Josie is game for anything as long as she is snuggled up in the babywearing coat. She had a wonderful time watching all the kids sled, run, laugh, yell...she is so happy taking it all in. Our friends Jules and Zach with their two boys were also at the hill so I had someone to chat with and discuss how dangerous sledding can be. As the hill filled up with people, we saw more and more kids get wiped out by other sledders (sometimes adults!!). I don't think anyone ended up bloody or hospitalized while we were there, but not for lack of trying.

1 comment:

Leeanthro said...

I have lots of childhood memories of that hill, too.