Thursday, January 3, 2008

Ninth Day of Christmas and You Know Ya Need to Go to the Gym When

Sorry, I skipped the eighth day, I know you missed me. It gets harder as the number increases.

On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...
Nine vegan converts (or just nine people who eat lower on the food chain)
Eight Kucinich years (as president, why stop at one term)
Seven soups A-warming (living in a 100 year old house means many winters of hot soup)
Six geese a-laying ("adopted" at the animal sanctuary, of course)
Five containers of organic orange juice
Four Kucinich years (as president)
Three alternative heating options (multi-fuel stove, pellet insert, solar)
Two cast iron pans (one a skillet, one a muffin pan) and
A Bakfiet to easily carry Parker, Dema, and Josie

You know ya need to get to the gym when you are snuggling with your hubby (who is always on about how great you look even when you are a mess) just to keep to warm in the godforesaken frozen wasteland some people call Illinois and instead of being happy you are adding extra warmth with your baby weight, he puts his hand around your waist (or at least as far as he can get it) and says (like it is no big thang and nothing to do with said hand on your stomach) "We should really go to the gym soon."...nice that he chose "we", but we all know what he meant, don't we?

Speaking of the cold, my hardman rode his bike to work this morning...it was just a few stinking degrees when he left. I would have taken a picture, but I am a bear and like to hibernate in this weather. You'd think I was the one from NC and he was from IL.

4 comments:

Rob said...

I think as usual I am misunderstood :)

VeganLinda said...

Well, I still have to tease you about it.

M said...

one down, eight to go...

Heyya Linda - I'm a friend of Leigh and Paul Kaiser, and a brand-new vegan. Leigh told me you'd probably be open to my asking some questions. If that's true, would you mind sending me your email address? I'm melanie (dot) cannon (at) gmail (dot) com. We met several years ago, but you may not remember me. It was at a place that served pasta in a basement. Anyway, I love your blog and hope you're enjoying 2008 so far!

VeganLinda said...

I remember you and I would love to help you out any way I can. I'll send you a email some time today.