Wednesday, December 26, 2007

First Day of Christmas

Josie with her 1st Christmas present, the musical turtle. I'm guessing she's trying to figure out a way to put it in her mouth. She chews on her hand all the time now and will put other people's hands in her mouth as well. She doesn't like chewing on toys so much yet, but she'll try them out and then get a funny look on her face and go back to her hand.
Dema couldn't resist emptying his stocking (scissors and tape...very much appreciated since he could spend hours cutting paper and making things) and opening one gift. He now has his "own" syrup dispenser. We've gone from making pancakes once a year to having them more often than I like to admit. He did share it with all of us this morning as we had pancakes (yes, again and I helped the boys very little...they are getting very good at flipping pancakes...I expect breakfast in bed this coming Mother's Day). Rob decided to fry apples to put on top. Great idea!

Dinner tonight was Rob's Risotto which he likes to make a little different each time. This time he used some left over red wine with the shallots. He also used crushed tomatoes instead of chopped. This made it a much darker red than usual. It smelled great while it was cooking and tasted wonderful. The steamed broccoli was Dema's favorite and whole wheat seeded sourdough this time. We had Date and Almond Butter Smooties from The Joy of Vegan Baking for dessert. Yum! I always love date smoothies at restaurants, but this one tastes a little sweeter than the ones I'm used to, not in a bad way.

I decided to make a list of presents I would like if we had unlimited time/money:
On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
A Bakfiet to easily carry Parker, Dema, and Josie.

Of course, I love my Xtracycle, but I have to admit these things look pretty darn fun for the kids (even ones to young to sit up) and you can add a cover for inclement weather.

I actually wouldn't mind a pear tree either.

No comments: