Monday, November 12, 2007

Monday Movie Review

Monday Movie Review









I didn't actually watch this movie over the weekend. We rented it a while ago, but for some reason I was the only one who watched it. I would love to watch it again with Rob. I really liked this movie and I decided to review it since we are getting ready to go to North Carolina to visit Rob's grandmother (more about this amazing woman in a future blog entry). Most of the movie is set in North Carolina and all of the characters were interesting to me and complex. I've mentioned before that I prefer movies where no one is "good" and "bad", but human. This is such a movie. I remember liking this one so much, I watched it with the commentary on a second time long after I should have fallen asleep. I really like the women in this movie and the commentary was the two female leads which was well worth listening to. This is not a "family movie" due to sexual content, I wouldn't watch it with my children. It is a family movie in the sense that it is very much about family, family dynamics, family dysfunction, etc.

No comments: